j5 Case Studies and Other Related Information
Traditionally – within the Water Industry – there have been inadequate time-consuming tools being used during the Operations Management and Shift Handover process, increasing organisational risk and inefficiencies, such as:
- Word Processor Documents
- Scattered Databases
- Inconsistent Verbal Meetings
- Phone Calls / Radio
- Text / Instant Messages
- Multiple MES Applications
Industry leading companies – such as Thames Water – have now introduced j5 Operations Management Software to provide greater visibility, retrieval and audit-ability of control information and a data repository for trend analysis. The j5 Operations Bundle (Operations Logbook, Shift Handover, Work Instructions, Standing Orders) has also standardised shift logs, event logs and escalation processes across all shift patterns in our customers’ water control departments. The reporting functionality within j5 also benefits other stakeholders across water supply, with visibility available to support asset investment decisions and event wash-ups.
Leading water companies agree that logging routine information is crucial in providing an effective and informative Shift Handover, which facilitates the sharing of relevant information with operational teams. A structured escalation process also benefits water customers, with emerging risks tackled quicker; reducing the risk and severity of events. j5 Operations Management Software also provides wider business benefits, such as:
- Contributing to company-wide Outcome Delivery Incentives (ODI) in Water Quality, Energy, etc.
- Meeting the Security and Emergency Measures Direction Recommendations that water companies have an Electronic Logging system
- The ability to demonstrate to both the Environment Agency and the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) that requirements can be met as a control function
- Delivering the standards required to maintain their Quality Management accreditations such as ISO9001
- Reducing the risk of compensation to external parties
Employee buy-in is also crucial when implementing an Electronic Logging and Shift Handover system. j5 Operations Management Software water industry customers have found that those using the system find that it’s quicker and clearer than the older processes (Spreadsheets, Paper, SharePoint etc.), with much more visibility when returning on shift. Many teams across water supply have benefited from j5 Operations Management Software and the improved business processes which have being aligned to get the best out of this suite of software.
Water Resources - Case Studies:
Thames Water Water (United Kingdom)