j5 INSPECTION ROUNDS
Conduct Rounds and Collect Field Information with Mobile Devices
j5 OPERATIONS LOGBOOK
Record, Track and Manage Industrial Events
j5 STANDING ORDERS
Communicate and Track Instructions
Transform Paper, Forms and Spreadsheets into Enterprise Level Applications
Due to the proliferation of mobile technology, operators at industrial sites are no longer confined to desktop computers and control rooms. Mobile logging of data – such as Inspection Rounds – is an important part of health and safety culture and many plant operators still rely on paper checklists and clipboards for field data collection. Using this method, after data is written down, the results are usually manually entered in a spreadsheet, database or disconnected application, wasting valuable time and creating unnecessary problems such as:
- Missing data and unaccounted operations and safety issues
- Data duplication and unnecessary repetition of Inspection Rounds
- Difficult to find or illegible information
- Delays in follow-up actions to solve operations and safety issues
- Lack of control and task guidance for personnel
- Disconnected cameras, required for photographic evidence of problems
Also, despite the push towards automation, a significant amount of process data is not collected and recorded automatically. Making manual Inspection Rounds an essential data collection process that must be conducted efficiently and ideally linked to real-time systems such as Data Historians.
To remedy these pains, companies across the world utilize j5 Mobile. This application is used on industry standard devices based on popular operating systems. Allowing personnel to collect measurements or observations in the field. Typically, by following a route around a site, recording readings and answering questions about the status of equipment and processes, whilst optionally attaching photos, videos and notes to provide additional information.
j5 Mobile can be used to collect manual data that is Missing from DCS / SCADA / Data Historians like the OSIsoft PI System®. For example, j5 Mobile data can be written into the OSIsoft PI System®, providing a clearer record of events happening across an industrial site. The j5 Mobile offering comprises several different applications and functionality as follows:
- An industrial strength mobile j5 Inspection Rounds system that has been enhanced by having tighter integration with the j5 Shift Handover application and the addition of a scheduling view – like that of a Gantt chart – to provide a more graphical view of scheduled and completed Inspection Rounds
- Extends the current j5 Operations Logbook application to mobile devices, delivering current logbook entries of either open or closed status to the field user and allowing the field operator to create new or comment on existing log entries, these entries or edits are also available outside of network connectivity and can be synchronized when the mobile device comes into range
- Extends the capabilities of the current j5 Standing Orders application, delivering sets of high level operations orders and instructions to the field operator, which may need to be referred to or acknowledged by the user when they are away from the control room
- Brings a unique and powerful tool to the operations management environment, the disruptive IndustraForm® technology – which allows j5 customers to easily create and modify mobile applications, this exciting development allows j5 customers to create and modify custom operations management mobile applications – such as j5 Shift Handover forms – using the j5 IndustraForm® Designer
Mobile Inspection Rounds:
j5 Mobile Inspection Rounds supports the design and execution of operator rounds (for field inspections and data collection). This application can communicate through the SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) or directly to the j5 server and can operate without being connected to a network.
Mobile Operations Logbook:
j5 Mobile extends the current j5 Operations Logbook application to mobile devices, delivering current logbook entries of either open or closed status to the field user and allowing the field operator to create new or comment on existing log entries. These entries or edits are also available outside of network connectivity and synchronized when the mobile device comes into range.
Mobile Standing Orders:
Extends the capabilities of the current j5 Standing Orders application, delivering sets of high level operations orders and instructions to the field operator, which may need to be referred to or acknowledged by the user when they are away from the control room.
j5 Mobile users can view and edit the same IndustraForm® options that are available on desktop computers. All the benefits of IndustraForm® technology are available on the mobile device, including workflows, approvals, advanced calculations, data validation, and more. These can easily be customized to suit an organization using the spreadsheet-like j5 IndustraForm® Designer application. As a result, desktop and mobile applications are now in sync and there are no advanced source code programming skills required to modify or add new mobile applications – such as j5 Shift Handover forms – to the j5 Framework. IndustraForm® applications on j5 Mobile allow for the viewing and editing of any IndustraForm®. For example, the Permit and Certificate applications in j5 Permit to Work have been built using IndustraForm® technology, allowing the permit process to continue out in the field without requiring staff to regularly return to the control room.
Note: IndustraForm® Mobile applications are only available on the Android operating system.
Deliver Important Operations Information Remotely
Eliminates Paper and Clipboards
Increases data clarity and lowers the risk of data loss
Real-time Data Logging
Display and enter operations data across the corporate network
Integrate Photographs, Videos and Documents
Take and upload photographs and videos, and edit documents in the field
Manage Unacceptable Field Values Instantly
Respond to alerts without having to return to the control room
Compatible with Android, iOS and Windows
Compatible with Intrinsically Safe Devices (we are constantly expanding these devices, please Contact Us for the latest device list):
iOS devices on iOS version 9 or later
Windows 10 devices on version 1703 or later