j5 INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT (IDE)
Properly Manage j5 Configuration and Customization
In the ever-changing industrial world, it is essential to use flexible software that can be customized, configured and extended. The j5 Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and j5 IndustraForm® Designer provide easy access to many powerful j5 configuration and customisation options.
Applications, like the j5 Operations Logbook, can be extended; desktop and mobile IndustraForm® applications can be added and modified; permissions can be customised; and so on. The j5 IDE and j5 IndustraForm® Designer have built-in version control, ensuring that all changes are properly managed, and that any changes that are problematic can be rolled back.
Using the j5 IDE, a completed j5 configuration project is turned into an installable configuration bundle (MSI) allowing the configuration changes to be deployed in a controlled and repeatable fashion.
j5 IndustraForm® Designer:
The powerful j5 IndustraForm® Designer, is used to easily convert and design forms – that would be typically recorded on paper, spreadsheets, word processor documents and so on – into an enterprise wide electronic format, that is optimised for desktop computers and mobile devices. The j5 IndustraForm® Designer, also makes it easy to add tags from Data Historians / SCADA / DCS systems to j5 using a spreadsheet-like interface. Visual elements like charts and spark lines can be configured with external data, to give personnel a customized window into the real-time process.
With the j5 Integrated Development Environment (IDE) you can:
- Create and modify an IndustraForm® (using the j5 IndustraForm® Designer)
- Get easy access to j5 configuration and customization options
- Extend j5 Applications without the risk of negatively affecting the core application code
- Properly manage changes with built-in version control
- Easily roll back changes if required
- Test, stage and deliver to production in a controlled and repeatable fashion
- Maximize configurator productivity by having a single user interface
- Merge multiple configuration utilities into one cohesive package
- Extend j5 Applications while maintaining forward compatibility with future j5 releases
- As a j5 Partner, manage your clients’ j5 configuration effectively
- Easily deploy identical j5 configurations to multiple environments
- Safely build new j5 Applications without affecting the performance of the j5 System
- Bring more depth to your j5 system by deploying industry-specific applications
- Extend your j5 system internally without extra financial cost
- Complete the Online Training Course to become an expert user
- Tailor your workflows and applications to your unique business requirements