j5 INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT (IDE)
Properly Manage j5 Configuration and Customization
In the ever-changing industrial world, it is essential to use flexible software that can be customized, configured and extended. The j5 Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides easy access to a number of powerful j5 configuration and customisation options.
Applications, like the j5 Operations Logbook, can be extended; new forms can be added; permissions can be customised; and so on. The j5 IDE has built-in version control, ensuring that all changes are properly managed, and that any changes that are problematic can be rolled back.
Using the IDE, a completed j5 configuration project is turned into an installable configuration bundle (MSI) allowing the configuration changes to be deployed in a controlled and repeatable fashion.
With the j5 Integrated Development Environment (IDE) you can:
- Create an IndustraForm®
- Get easy access to j5 configuration and customization options
- Extend j5 Applications without the risk of negatively affecting the core application code
- Properly manage changes with built-in version control
- Easily roll back your changes if required
- Test, stage and deliver to production in a controlled and repeatable fashion
- Maximize configurator productivity by having a single user interface
- Merge multiple configuration utilities into one cohesive package
- Extend j5 Applications while maintaining forward compatibility with future j5 releases
- As a j5 Partner, manage your clients’ j5 configuration effectively
- Easily deploy identical j5 configurations to multiple environments
- Safely build new j5 Applications without affecting the performance of the j5 System
- Bring more depth to your j5 system by deploying industry-specific applications
- Extend your j5 system internally without extra financial cost
- Complete the Online Training Course to become an expert user
- Tailor your workflows and applications to your unique business requirements